COME WORK WITH US
Safe Inc. of Schenectady has the following job openings:
Housing Case Manager
Summary of Position:
The Housing Case Manager provides case management services to homeless individuals within Schenectady County as defined by HUD and life skills groups with the ultimate goal of promoting self-sufficiency and housing stability.
Reports to: Counseling Coordinator
Hours: Full-time Flexible Schedule, 35 hours per week, Monday-Friday, week-ends and evenings as needed
FLSA Status: Exempt, professional
• Meets with assigned individuals and/or families providing case management, support, life skills education, and connecting participants to community resources.
• Maintains participant files and prepares reports and other documentation accurately and in a timely manner. Utilizes and enters client information into HMIS system
• Maintains contact with other service providers and participates in planning and service coordination meetings as needed. Advocate to ensure participants receive fair and consistent services and public benefits to which they are entitled. Work with participants to enroll in public benefits to which they are entitled.
• Develops working knowledge of community resources related to needs of individuals and families.
• Work with local landlords and advocate for participants to help participants maintain housing
• Teaches participants how to properly organize and maintain household, basic safety skills, routine home maintenance, cooking/healthy eating groups and utilizing outside agencies to speak periodically.
• Teaches practical financial skills, including developing a household budget, paying bills in a timely manner, and opening and maintaining a bank account.
• Assists with participant move-ins and apartment set-ups.
• Transports participants to appointments as needed.
• Works constructively in a team setting and builds relationships with other team members.
• Attends weekly case review meetings as well as monthly staff trainings.
• Implements trauma informed care and harm reduction best practices.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Experience working with the homeless, those experiencing domestic violence, and clients impacted by trauma.
• Able to work independently and with diverse populations and able to meet clients in their homes.
• Good speaking, writing, and interpersonal skills with computer literacy in Microsoft Word and Excel and in client database usage.
• Ability to accurately document client records and files both on paper and in computer aided record keeping software.
• Valid NYS Driver’s license
• Current physical
• Criminal background check
• Flexible schedule—able to work some evenings and weekends.
This position requires a flexible schedule. It is a professional salaried position and requires that case managers be available in the evenings as needed by clients and on call following a rotating schedule (roughly one week every six weeks).
The following qualifications are highly desirable:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or comparable work/life experience working directly with homeless or at-risk populations
• Knowledge of Schenectady County resources and housing experience strongly preferred.
Safe Inc. is a qualifying employer under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program.
Safe Inc. is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer – females, minorities, individuals with a disability, protected veterans, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
If interested please submit a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org